Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What I've been 'up to'....

Whenever one starts a brand new project...without any specific instructions or patterns...especially in an area outside of one's 'expertise'...it takes a little more time. That has been the case with me this past week or so.

It will benefit my Rustic Goth Shop...more than the CMZ Art Shop...at first...but, the knowledge that I gain from this project will assist me in the projects I have planned for CMZ Art.



Anyway...here is a picture of what I have been working on.

I have designed a line of art dolls based on my original characters featured in my original paintings and prints for Rustic Goth. The head and hands are painted with acrylic paints, and the body is made from muslin...stuffed with Fiberfill and weighted with rice. I still have a few 'kinks' to work out...but, I am hoping to have several dolls ready for that shop by this time next week.

Then, I want to switch to a couple of my CMZ Art original characters and see what I can design as art dolls.

I have recently listed a few original ACEO paintings and hope to have a few more ready by the end of the week-end.

No comments: