Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sharing a thought...





I was conversing with my oldest daughter, who has recently been promoted to a managerial position with the large insurance company that I too used to be part of. I'm happy for her success within the company...for her. But, I am so, so, so glad that I am no longer part of all of that.
Maybe I just wasn't 'corporate material'...I certainly couldn't handle the constant...and most inconsistent...changes. I always figure, 'why fix something that isn't broken....?'
I was fearful that my spirit would be broken if I stayed beyond the seven years I managed to withstand. What a good choice for me...granted, I didn't walk away with much retirement...and I was severely penalized for taking it...instead of waiting until I was retirement age....but...oh well. It gave me almost two years with my husband that I wouldn't have had if I had continued to stay. And, one of those years we didn't even have to think about the cancer and all that we were facing....what a blessing my early 'retirement' turned out to be.


No comments: