Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Of My Favorite Things --- Lasagna

Ever sat down and made a list of things that you like?


I decided to do that a while back. While I had to think about it at first, once I got started, I could have kept going.





LASAGNA


The secret to my husband's recipe, so glad he showed me how to make it....it really is wonderful, is that one must use REAL Ricotta Cheese, NOT cottage cheese. Ricotta Cheese helps the lasagna to 'stand up straight on the plate' instead of running all over the place, like a melting ice cream cone. He always put the Ricotta into the ground beef and stirred them together, spooning the mixture into the different layers of noodles, sauce, and Romano, Parmesean and Mozzarella cheeses. And, always make enough sauce to pour over each piece of lasagna as it was served.

Whenever I get to 'pick' what we have for a family meal...I choose Lasagna...even if I have to make it myself:)

No comments: