Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Bit About Me

I am a wife (though widowed), mother (of six) and grandmother (of nine.

I am also a professional artist.
I have been painting and selling my creations for almost thirty years.

I have received no secondary or formal training in the study and development of artistic education. Everything I have learned about the creation and expression of art I have learned on my own. I frequently categorize my art in the genre of Outsider Art for this reason.

My art can be found in collections, homes and offices throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Australia.

I am entirely self taught and draw the inspiration for my art from everyday life, from the recesses of my imagination and quite often from an accidental slip of the hand or an experiment gone awry.

I have created and sold original art, directly as well as commissioned, since 1975, with much success. I am committed to offering work that is unique, interesting and entirely my own.

I have neither the interest nor the time to follow or emulate what others are doing, as I am too busy trying to follow the visions and the 'voices in my own mind'.

I love to create art of all kinds and in all mediums and I hope others enjoy looking at my work as much as I have enjoyed creating it.

Thank you for your interest.

No comments: