Monday, September 22, 2008

fresh baked dinner rolls!




Who doesn't love the smell of baking bread....?


It is absolutely one of my favorite things in the whole world!


And, I love fresh baked dinner rolls.


Whenever I have them...which isn't that often...I tend to over-do.


I have one roll with real butter melted all over each half.


I have another roll


with real butter and real chokecherry or elderberry jelly heaped up on each half.


Later, for a midnight snack, I have yet another roll with butter and jelly....


yes, I do LOVE my fresh baked dinner rolls!




Maybe a little TOO much...


It's a good thing I don't have them too often!
``````````````````````````````````````````
  • Dinner time Dinner Rolls

  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 (one forth-ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter
Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
Make a well in the center and add very warm water , egg and butter.
Beat, on low speed, with an electric mixer until dough is smooth.
Stir in remaining flour and mix well.
Cover with towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 45-60 minutes.
On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough for about 2 minutes.
Separate dough into 18 equal pieces and roll each piece into a smooth ball.
Place on greased baking sheets or muffin tins.
Cover and allow to rise in a warm place about 45-60 minutes (again allow to double in size).
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.

Makes 18 rolls

No comments: