Monday, July 6, 2009

Much needed mini-vacation!


I don't "get out much"....
and I find that as easy as it is to say..
"oh, I've got so much work to do..I really can't afford
the time or the money to leave town right now..
maybe we'll get together later in the year...
yadda..yadda..excuse after excuse.."
it doesn't take long and several years have passed...
and I still have 'so much work to do...
can't afford the time or the money...
and so on'

We received an 'invite' a while back...
to go out of state over the 4th..
and spend some time with my late husband's
brothers and their families.
Originally I said 'no'...accompanied by the
usual excuses.
Not that I didn't want to go...I really did..
but..
the excuses seemed valid..and maybe they were.

Comes a time though...
that one must put work aside...do a little
'creative budgeting'...
and just DO it!

So...four of my kids, their families...
and myself..
actually went out of town for the week-end.
And...we had a BLAST!

We spent the day with family
we hadn't seen in three years...
played outdoor games...
roasted marshmallows over an open fire...
shot off fireworks...
it was just GREAT!

I haven't felt that relaxed in a
very long time!!

Yay for us!!!

No comments: