Monday, June 21, 2010

From the ashes...


Like the Phoenix...
Saturdays are..for me...like 
'rising from the ashes'.

I do sooo need that one day a week that I do
"whatever I want to do".

It's so refreshing and revitalizing...
though I often find myself thinking I'm 
'forgetting' to do something.

Whilst I was 'away'...I discovered that
Aubrie
over at Flutey Words
presented me with a new 'award'.

I just need to name the 5
Sci-Fi/ Fantasy
Books or Movies that inspire me...

Well...I 'could' just name off 5 of the 7 Harry Potter books...
but I'll just group those in a collective and say...

1. ALL Harry Potter books and movies
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3. E.T.
4. Star Trek...the newest movie (with Silar from Heroes as Spock)
5. The Blob (with Steve McQueen)

I'm sure if I had thought a little harder, I might have selected something different
for numbers 4 and 5...
but I did enjoy the last Star Trek movie...
and
I was definitely 'inspired' by The Blob...
it scared the heck out of me...and somehow seemed more
'possible'
than the Frankenstein and Dracula movies
I also LOVED watching.

2 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Those are most of my favorites, too! I also like Dracula, the book, and Psycho and Alien...scared the daylights out of me! Congrats on the award!

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Oh my gosh...I forgot all about Dracula...the book by Bram Stoker....I LOVED that book...I was reading it one night (during my high school years) during a storm. The lights went out and nearly scared me to death!!!
I'm surprised I forgot that!!