Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Art for Cancer

ART for cancer on ImageKind




I have been part of Imagekind

for a while now...but only recently did I

run across the

Art for Cancer Group.

I'm still trying to figure out how it works...

but, in the meantime I have

placed this clickable banner in my blog

so that anyone who is interested

in helping to 'fight' this terrible disease

can get a lovely piece of art

while still supporting this cause.

The fight against cancer is a personal one for me..

I spent a year going from chemotherapy treatments..to radiation treatments..

to hospital tests, visits and surgeries...

from May 2005 to June 2006.

Only recently have I learned about new procedures

that are making strides in the treatment of certain cancers..in certain patients..

the treatments are terribly expensive...therefore

only available to a select few.

I know that money is always needed for cancer research...

in order to find these new treatments...

but..I also know...from personal experience...how costly some of these

procedures..medications..etc...can be..

and I hope to be able to donate portions of all of the sales

I make through 'Art for Cancer'

for those individuals who can't afford those

procedures..medications..etc..

to do what I can so these individuals have the same chance

at these new treatments,

as those in better financial circumstance.

No comments: