Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Back to 'Normal'


Every holiday that ends up in
a multi-day celebration...
like a long 4th of July week-end...
it takes me several days to get things
back to 'normal'.

I LOVE doing something outside of my 
regular routine 
on occasion...
I don't think about anything 'work' related..
I just enjoy spending time with family
and doing whatever it is that we've chosen to do...
to 'celebrate' whichever holiday we're celebrating..
and the things that take us out of our normal
routines of work..worrying over the bills...and the day to day
grind that we each have to deal with
in our own ways.

It's fun just to 'unwind' and laugh and enjoy one another!

Heck...I don't even mind my house getting 'trashed'...at the time!
I end up spending a day or two getting it back...
to what it was before...
but I really don't mind.

So...now I'm getting things back to 'normal'...
cleaning...
working..
watching the same TV programs..
and everything that goes with my day to day life.

That's good too...as boring as it might sound to some folks...
I enjoy what I do...

1 comment:

The Words Crafter said...

I agree-routines provide structure and normalcy. It is good to get away from the normal grind and have a good time. I'm glad you were able to in spite of all that happened before...I posted this on your other blog, but I'll put it here too (don't know which you'll check first) I have something for you on my blog...