Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm Moving....


...well...I'm moving my studio...from downstairs to upstairs. I've had the entire basement...for my studio...since I moved to this house two years ago. My youngest son has lived upstairs...
problem...the upstairs is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer...the downstairs is too cold (for me) year round.
So, I don't get as much use out of my studio as I need to...and he is pretty much miserable year round.
I think I can solve the temperature problems upstairs...with far less furnishings..open ventilation..etc. He can be comfortable downstairs and a bit more independent. It has a tiny kitchen...3/4 bath...living room/ dining room area..separate bedroom...separate entrance..etc. We're both pretty excited about the move...I'm not sure why we didn't do this before now(?)...
I'll have 1/2 bath upstairs....which is plenty for a studio...a room that will be a studio/print center..and a room that will be sewing/ crafting.
So...this week-end is moving week-end...(and I imagine it will carry on into the week)...which means all of my paint supplies and canvas are packed...and I won't be doing any new painted pieces for several days (at least). The upstairs needs to be emptied..and then my son-in-law will have to bring his shampooer and get the carpets. As soon as they are dry I'll set up my print center first...then the studio.
It'll probably be a week or so before I can set up my sewing/ crafting room. In the meantime...I'll work on some new digital photo manip's for both shops.
I am hoping that, with this move, I'll be able to do more stretched canvas paintings and more 'crafts'....we'll see how it works out!

No comments: